ToTH Montessori is currently accepting applications for the following positions. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Sarvana, Head of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Time Floating Teacher
ToTH Montessori is looking for a full-time floating teacher who will provide support for all three of our toddler and primary programs. No formal Montessori training is needed; just bring your willingness and desire to learn and practice Montessori values with us.
Our floater teacher will have a predictable Monday through Friday schedule working in classrooms as well as assisting our Head of School and Head of Administration with projects, and helping on the playground and during arrival / dismissal. This summer our floater teacher will provide substitute coverage for three of our teachers-in-training during six weeks in June and July. This will allow for the person to spend two full weeks in each classroom learning about our communities and school culture.
Ideal candidates will be flexible and adaptable and not mind each day being a little different than the last. Familiarity with the Montessori approach is preferred, but not required. We are looking for an individual who is energetic, curious, open-minded, and excited to dive into our classrooms. If you come with no experience, don’t worry, we’ll take care of that!
The Floater Teacher role is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door at ToTH Montessori. If you have been looking for the right opportunity to join our school community, this is a great entry level position with room for growth.
This is a full-time, salaried position with great benefits including breaks; health, dental, and vision insurance; 401K plan; life insurance; and professional development/training. Hours are currently 8:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with one monthly staff meeting outside of school hours. Upon hiring, the candidate must pass a criminal background check, drug test, and complete a TB test and physical annually.
MACTE Certified Teacher (Toddler or Primary)
Our ideal candidate is a mature, highly responsible and professional individual who is looking for a long-term position in a school where ongoing growth, learning and development is the norm. While not a requirement, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate fluency in a second language. You will be supported by a leadership team that knows what it takes to run a fully-implemented Montessori program in a busy city. ToTH Montessori is a member school of the International Montessori Council.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Create and maintain beautiful, safe and clean Montessori prepared environment;
- Provide close supervision to children, always making sure they are safe and the group is in compliance with licensing requirements and mandated teacher to child ratios;
- Work closely with other guide(s) to ensure a high-quality Montessori environment is established and maintained;
- Present Montessori lessons
- Observe each child, regularly document his or her progress, strengths, interests, and areas for improvement in Montessori Compass ;
- Apply knowledge of Montessori principles to ensure each child’s individual needs are met;
- Interact with children in a warm, joyful, respectful manner that fosters their independence;
- Interact with adults in a warm, collegial, and respectful manner;
- Implement feedback provided by Head of School and Administrative Director
- Problem-solve challenging student issues with Head of School and Head of Administration;
- Communicate regularly with each parent in an individualized manner using approved communication tools (Bloomz, email, classroom phone)
- Provide formal feedback to parents on student progress during twice-yearly parent-teacher conferences,
- Meet with parents on an individualized basis to discuss and resolve student issues as they arise;
- Create a strong community on campus;
- Participate in regular staff meetings;
- Participate in one on one meetings with supervisor
- Mentor teachers in training
Candidates must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- MACTE endorsed credential (0 to 3 or 3-6) from an AMI, IMC, AMS or other MACTE accredited training program
- Relevant teaching experience in a Montessori program
- Graceful and mature communication style with children, co-workers, and parents
- Interest and willingness to engage in ongoing professional development
- A team spirit and helpful approach to school success
- Good communication skills
- Creativity and drive
- Strong references
- Willingness to undergo a background check, drug test, and annual health and TB screenings.
Ideal candidates would possess the following (preferred, not required)
- 5 years Montessori teaching experience
- A bachelor’s degree in early childhood
Competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include a full package of health insurance, retirement (401K) with matching, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, professional development, and child tuition credit (for enrolled children).